Your username is an important part of your user account in Windows 11. It appears on the login screen and in some areas of the operating system. If you want to change your username in Windows 11, you can follow the steps below to do it easily.
How to change username in Windows 11
Important : We used Windows 11 to explain the methods. You can perform the same process to change the account name on Windows 10.
1. Change the username from the control panel
In this method, we will be using the Windows 11 Control Panel to change the username. Follow some simple steps given below.
1. First, click on the search window and type in control panel. Then open a file control Board from the list.
2. In Control Panel, select View Large Icons or Small Icons and click users accounts.
3. In the User Accounts window, click the link Manage another account.
4. Now, Select an account want to modify it.
5. On the next screen, click on the link Change the account name.
6. On the next screen, enter a new account name for your account. When finished, click the button changing the name.
This is it! You are done. The new name will be reflected on the welcome screen and on the startup screen.
2. Change a username using the Windows run command
In this method, we will be using the Windows 11 Run dialog to change the account name. Here are some simple steps that you must follow.
1. First, press the key Windows + R. to open the dialog box Implement.
2. In the Run dialog box, type netplwiz and press the Enter button.
3. Now select the account whose name you want to change. Once selected, click the button properties.
4. Now under the General tab, type in what you want the name to be in the field user name. When finished, click the button Progressing.
Congratulation ! You have now successfully changed your username in Windows 11. The new username will be used at login and in other areas of the operating system.
Also read: How to delete a user account in Windows 11
Changing the username on Windows 11 is a relatively simple process that can be done by following a few steps. By accessing the account settings, you can easily change your username and customize your user experience.