Windows 11 gives users the ability to customize their experience by letting them choose between different types of user accounts. Whether you want to switch from a local account to a Microsoft account or vice versa, this guide will walk you through the steps required to change the account type on Windows 11.
Changing your account type may affect how you sign in to your computer, access your files, and use certain features. So it’s important to understand the differences between account types before making changes.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps needed to change the account type on Windows 11, so you can tailor your user experience to your specific needs.
Best ways to change account type on Windows 11
Changing the account type on Windows 11 is very simple; You can do this through the Settings app or Control Panel. Below we have shared the two best methods for Change account types on Windows 11. Let’s Begin.
1. Change the account type using Settings
To change account type on Windows 11 using Settings, follow the steps below.
1. First, click on the button to start From Windows 11 and select Settings.
2. In the settings window, click on the section accounts.
3. In the Accounts section, select “Family and other users” or “User accounts”, depending on the version of Windows.
4. Select the account you want to edit and click the button Change the account type.
5. A popup will appear allowing you to choose the type of account. You can choose between an account boss or account default user. When finished, click the button Yes.
Once you’ve made the necessary changes, restart your computer for the new settings to take effect. You have now successfully changed the account type on Windows 11.
2. Change the account type using the control panel
To change the account type on Windows 11, follow these instructions:
1. Click on Windows 11 search and type in it control Board.
2. In the User Accounts section, click the link Change the account type.
3. Select the user account whose type you want to change.
4. On the user account page, click the link Change the account type.
5. In the “Choose a new account type” window, select standard or boss. Once done, click the button Change the account type.
This is it! Here’s how to change the account type on Windows 11 using the Control Panel.
Also read: How to delete a user account in Windows 11
Changing the account type on Windows 11 is a simple process that is available to all users. Whether you want to switch from a local account to a Microsoft account or vice versa, follow the steps above to perform the transfer. Make sure you understand the implications of each account type before making any changes, as this may affect certain functionality specific to each account type.