This article explains how to connect your AirPods to your Apple TV and how to unpair your AirPods from your TV. The instructions apply to all models of Apple AirPods and Apple TV.
Automatically connect your AirPods to your Apple TV
If your AirPods and Apple TV are both signed into your iCloud account, they will pair automatically. (You must have entered your Apple ID when you set up your Apple TV.) Here’s how it works.
1. Open the AirPods case with the AirPods inside.
2. Access the home screen from your Apple TV.
3. Press the button play / pause on your Apple TV remote and select AirPods.
Manually connect your AirPods to your Apple TV
If your AirPods and Apple TV aren’t signed in to the same iCloud account, you’ll need to pair them manually. Here’s how.
1. Put your AirPods into their charging case.
2. Open the app Settings on your Apple TV.
3. Select Remote controls and devices > bluetooth.
4. Open the AirPods case; Hold down the button conjugation on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
5. in List of other devicesselect your AirPods.
6. When your AirPods are paired with an Apple TV:
- You can listen to audio from your Apple TV.
- You can double-press your AirPod to play or pause content on your Apple TV.
- AirPods’ automatic ear detection system pauses audio or video when you remove them from your ears.
NB : You can use this process to pair your AirPods with your Android phone, Windows device, or other Bluetooth-enabled device.
Unpair your AirPods and Apple TV
Perform the following steps on your Apple TV to unpair your AirPods from your Apple TV:
1. Select your Settings Camel.
2. Select Remote control and hardware > bluetooth.
3. In the list of paired devices, select your AirPods.
4. Select I forgot the device.
5. Select again I forgot the device to authorize the operation.
When you pair your AirPods to your Apple TV, the headphones will automatically reconnect and play audio from that device.
What are AirPods?
Apple’s wireless AirPods may not make your ears smarter, but they sure put a computer in your ear. Introduced in 2016, AirPods use a range of proprietary Apple technologies to deliver a premium listening experience.
They use a wireless chip developed by Apple to provide high quality sound. It’s easy to set up and offers useful controls for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Once you connect your AirPods to your MacBook Air, iPhone, iPad, or other device, you can play music, access Siri, and answer phone calls.
But AirPods are capable of so much more than that.
For example, AirPods have two optical sensors and an accelerometer to detect if they are actually in your ear. So they only play when you’re ready to listen and automatically pause when you take them out (although this feature only works with iPhones).
Plus, when you’re signed into your iCloud account and pair your AirPods with your iPhone, they automatically work with any Mac, iPad, or Apple Watch that’s signed into the same iCloud account.
NB : You can’t use Siri on Apple TV with AirPods. Siri support on AirPods used with Apple TV is not yet available.