Multiple accounts come in handy when you have multiple users on the same computer. Not only does this help you avoid the disruption caused by the online administrator account, but it also gives you some ease in protecting privacy. However, if you feel you’ve reached a point where many accounts have outlived their usefulness, there’s no reason to keep them. In this article, we will go through the different methods that you can use to delete a user account in Windows 11.
How to delete a user account in Windows 11
Before you start deleting user accounts, it is imperative that you back up your Windows files. It is a good habit that you should practice regularly. However, creating a Windows backup before deleting a user account is crucial in case something goes wrong.
You can store the backup wherever you want; HDD, external hard drive, or even the cloud. Here we will store the backup on a USB drive.
To start the backup, click on the search bar for start menu, type “control panel” and select the best match. Then follow the steps below:
- Click on Order and security.
- Then click Backup and restore.
- He chooses Backup configuration.
- choose one backup destination and click the next.
- He chooses Let Windows choose and click the next.
- Finally, click Save settings and run backup.
Once you do that, the entire PC backup process will begin.
comment : When creating a backup, always make sure to save the backup to a drive next to the one you installed Windows on.
With a full backup in place, you can then move on to deleting Windows user accounts, starting with the Windows Settings help.
1. Delete user accounts via settings
To delete a user account in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:
- Open them up Settings from Windows.
- Click on Accounts > Families & other users.
- In the department other userstap the account you want to remove.
- Click the button wipe up which appears under the account name.
- Finally, click Delete the account and data.
Do this and your user account information will be deleted.
2. Delete user accounts through the control panel
If for some reason the above settings method did not help you solve the problem, you can use the Control Panel. Here’s how to get started.
- Click on start menu and open it control Board.
- Click on User Accounts > Delete User Accounts.
- Choose and select the account you want to delete delete account.
- Finally, select Delete files > delete account.
Do that, and your account and all files associated with it will be successfully deleted.
3. Delete user accounts via command prompt
The command line is a useful text-based interface to easily launch and manage all Windows programs from keystrokes.
First, to launch the command prompt, go to the search bar for a start menutype “command prompt” and then run it as administrator.
Type the following command in the interface and press entrance :
It will display all the different user accounts that are on your computer. Choose the person you want to delete, type the following command and hit entrance :
net user /delete
Here, replace the file With the account you want to delete. Follow the above steps and the account will be deleted immediately.
Delete the user account in Windows 11
A handy hack when you need to share a single device, multiple user accounts can become an issue and seem like an otherwise unnecessary complication. Follow the above methods and you will be able to delete user accounts in Windows 11. If you also have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check out this guide if you want to know how to change username in Windows 11.