This article will show you how to turn on Snapchat notifications and stay on top of shared messages, photos, videos, and stories. You should also check the same settings when you think that Snapchat overwhelms you with a lot of notifications.
How to get Snapchat notifications
Snapchat offers a variety of notification settings to cover all types of social interactions on the app. Snapchat’s default feature handles all of them, but it starts with Snapchat’s global notification permission in the phone’s settings.
NB : The specific steps may differ depending on which iOS or Android phone you’re using, but the basic process will be the same. Instructions and illustrations are from the Snapchat app for iOS.
Allow notifications from phone settings
Check if you have enabled general Snapchat notification settings from the Settings app on your iPhone. You can skip this step if you remember to enable it.
1. Open iPhone Settings from the Home Screen.
2. Select notices > snap chat.
3. Select Allow notificationsthen configure the alert appearance and notification style you prefer for the app.
4. To improve your Snapchat notifications, tap Snapchat notification settings here or open Snapchat from the home screen.
5. Your changes will be saved automatically.
Enable notifications from the Snapchat app settings
Snapchat has a wide variety of notifications, and there are toggles to manage them all. This control allows you to receive only the alerts you want and minimize distractions.
1. On the Snapchat app, tap on a photo profile account in the upper left of the screen.
2. Select Settings (gear sign).
3. Swipe down the screen and select notices.
4. Enable the toggle for each of the notification types that you want to enable (or disable).
Enable story notifications on Snapchat
The Snapchat notifications screen has a small section at the bottom to control alerts from Stories you follow.
1. Go to The stories that I am and choose Manage story notifications.
2. Tap on the name of each Snapchat friend from whom you want to receive story notifications. Their names will appear in a group specified.
3. Select I finish.
Enable chat notifications in Snapchat
Snapchat allows you to set alerts for chats with specific Snapchatters or Snapchat groups. This feature can help you turn off a portion of your network while staying up to date with the rest.
1. Open Snapchat and go to the Snapchat screen cat.
2. Long press on the name of the person you want to set up the notification for.
3. Select Conversation settings from the drop-down list that appears on the screen.
4. Activate a switch Message notification If it is grey.
questions and answers
How do I turn off someone’s Snapchat notifications?
To turn off notifications for a Snapchat user, open their contact page and tap Three points > Message notifications > silent.
Why am I not getting notifications from Snapchat?
If notifications are enabled on Snapchat but you’re still not receiving app notifications, make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. Battery saver mode is another common cause of notification issues.
How do I get Snapchat notifications on my Apple Watch?
To set up your Apple Watch notifications, open the Apple Watch app on your phone and go to Settings my watch > notices > snap chat > Enter mirror my iphone.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also consult this guide if you want to know how Unblock someone on snapchat.