A product key is a string of unique characters that activates Windows 11. This key is necessary to ensure that your copy of Windows is genuine and that you can use all of its functionality. In this article, we will show you several ways to find your Windows 11 product key.
How do you find your Windows 11 product key?
The easiest way to find your Windows 11 product key is to use the Command Prompt.
1. Open Windows 11 Command Prompt by selecting the search (magnifying glass) icon and search CMD in the Windows search bar. Then select the corresponding result.
2. At the command prompt, type the following command and hit Enter:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
3. Wait a moment, and you will see the Windows 11 product key associated with your system.
Note that this method works if your operating system was legally activated with a product key. If your system was unofficially activated or you are using a pirated version of Windows 11, this method will not work.
Find your Windows 11 product key using Windows PowerShell
You can also use Windows PowerShell to find your Windows 11 product key. Here are the steps:
1. Open Windows PowerShell by pressing the key Windows + Xthen select ” windows powershell in the list that appears. Make sure PowerShell is running as administrator.
2. In the PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:
(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey
After running the command, you should see the Windows 11 product key associated with your system.
How to find your Windows 11 product key in the Windows Registry
You can also use the Windows registry to find your product key.
1. Press a key windows + R to open the menu ImplementSearch regedit and press Yes To open the Windows registry.
2. Enter the following into the history navigation bar:
3. Press entrance. Your product key will be visible next to the field BackupProductKey.
Also read: How to activate Windows 11
Finding a Windows 11 product key is necessary to activate your operating system and take full advantage of its features. Depending on your situation and device, use one of the methods described in this article to recover this important key. Make sure you keep this key in a safe place, as it will be needed to reinstall Windows 11.
questions and answers
Do I need a Windows 11 product key?
If your PC supports it, you can get Windows 11 for free, but you can't use all the features without activating it with a product key or digital license. If you're upgrading from Windows 10, it should already be activated.
Where can I buy a Windows 11 product key?
You can buy a Windows product key from the Microsoft Store, but you may be able to find it cheaper at an online retailer. Just make sure you buy it from a legitimate source.
How do I activate Windows 11 with a product key?
If you did not enter your Windows 11 product key during installation, go to to start > Settings > System > activation > Product key update > Change the product key.