If you don’t want to see a particular user’s Instagram posts or stories, you can ignore them without having to follow or block them. Plus, they won’t know you muted them. Here’s how.
How to mute an Instagram user’s posts and stories
Posts appear in your feed. Stories appear at the top of the feed in a horizontal line as profile pictures. Here’s how to stop seeing one or both of them for a specific user.
1. Log in to Instagram and go to the user’s Instagram page. You can select an icon research Enter their name in search bar.
2. On their Instagram page, select He follows under their profile picture.
3. Select silent.
4. Disable messages by enabling the button supports. Disable stories by enabling Switch stories.
The user’s profile picture will become more or less transparent and their stories will appear at the end of the feed.
NB : You can also mute a user directly from your broadcast. To deactivate a user from broadcasting, tap Three points next to his name> Champions > Disable posts or Disable shares and history.
How to re-enable user posts or stories
To reactivate a user’s posts or stories:
1. Access the hidden user’s Instagram page.
2. Press He follows under their profile picture.
3. Press silent.
4. Re-enable messages by disabling Option supports. Re-enable Stories by disabling the button stories.
How do you see who you muted?
Did you forget who you mute? Instagram maintains a playlist of users who have been muted in your privacy settings.
1. Click on File personal picture.
2. Click on the icon the list in the upper right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Privacy.
5. Under linksHe chooses Hidden accounts.
6. Select any user to access their Instagram page and optionally re-enable it by following the steps in the above section.
You can always see users’ stories on mute by going to the end of your stories and clicking on their transparent profile picture or visiting their Instagram page. Mute only prevents them from appearing in your Stories feed.
questions and answers
What is the difference between mute and restricted on Instagram?
When you restrict someone, their comments on your posts will not be visible to the public. The other person will still see their comments, so they won’t know you’ve restricted them.
How do you restrict someone on Instagram?
To restrict someone on Instagram, go to their page and tap He follows under their profile picture, then tap restrict. The person will not know that you have restricted them.
How do you turn off comments on Instagram?
To disable comments on specific posts, go to the post and tap list of three pointsthen press Disable comments.
How to mute a conversation on Instagram?
Tap the conversation you want to mute, tap the username, then tap Disable messages or Disable call notifications. The other user will not know that you have cut off their calls.