This article explains how to add music to your Snapchat photos or videos using built-in sounds or your own recording.
How to add distinctive sounds to your footage
Snapchat offers a selection of song clips that you can automatically insert into your photo or video. Unlike Tik Tok, Snapchat’s library of featured audios is relatively small. However, there is a search function that allows you to search for specific songs or sounds.
1. Launch Snapchat and tap on the icon camera.
2. Press music (musical notes icon) in the top right menu.
3. Tab Featured open to. You will see a category playlists With different types plus category common with track list.
NB : Other tabs include the Music section it’s my favouriteAnd Recently And my votes.
4. Explore available genres and featured music, or enter a keyword or song title into the search field. research.
5. Click on the icon Play next to any track to preview the music.
6. When choosing a track, tap the next at the bottom of the screen.
7. You will see a slider above the iconregistrationallowing you to choose a snippet of the song to include in your Snap.
8. Save your video to your Snap. You will see a label showing the song title and artist. (You can reposition this sticker if you wish.)
NB : If you don’t like the Snap’s look or sounds, tap the icon X To select a different sound or drop it to start over.
9. Continue editing or adding features like stickers and filters as you normally would, then send or post the Snap to your Story.
Important : If you’ve already taken a Snap or recorded, you can add the music later by following the same steps.
How to add your own sounds to your footage
If you can’t find a voice you want to use in Snapchat’s embedded music, you can save your voice and have it automatically added to your Snap.
1. Go to the Music and Audio options in Snapchat. in tab Featured, press + Create sound.
2. Press When uploading from Camera Roll To use the audio from a video, or tap Audio Recording. In this example, we will choose Audio Recording.
3. Click on microphone to start recording your audio.
4. Press Register to stop recording.
5. Name the sound and tap Audio Recording.
NB : You can choose to make the sound public by toggling the slider next to Make that sound public?
6. To use the recorded audio, tap on the musical notes on the camera screen, then select the tab my votes.
Edit or delete the recorded voice by long pressing on one of the recorded voices. Then select release to change their name, privacy settings, or identify wipe up to delete it.
7. Click on the icon reading next to your voice, then tap the next.
8. Adjust the volume slider, if needed, then take or save a Snap. Add filters or enhancements, then click send me To send your Snap with a custom sound.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check out this guide if you want to know how to create a private Snapchat story.