This article explains how to stream games to Facebook Gaming from your computer, mobile device, or game console.
How to broadcast on Facebook Gaming
Once you have your hardware and software set up, follow these steps to start streaming:
1. Set up a Facebook Gaming Page to host your broadcast.
2. Access to the site From the Creators Portal.
3. Select Create a live broadcast.
4. Under Choose where to publishselect your Facebook Gaming page.
5. Select Choose the type of video. (Go straight or Create a live video event.)
NB : Activate / Deactivate Create a test broadcast before going live To run a test on your video.
6. Under Welcome to Live Producerselect an upload target, and then select Begins.
NB : You may not see this screen if you have already loaded the page Create a live video.
7. Under Select the video sourceHe chooses streaming software.
8. Under Preparing broadcast programmesHe chooses to copy To copy your broadcast key.
Important : Never give your broadcast key to anyone, otherwise they will be able to access your broadcast.
9. On your broadcast program, select Facebook Live to service. To do this in OBS Studio, go to a line > settings > flow.
10. Enter broadcast key And Server URL in your broadcast software settings. To do this in OBS Studio, go to a line > settings > flow.
NB : On some programs, the server will be set to the appropriate default setting.
11. Once you have set up your broadcast, start broadcasting in your broadcast program. A preview appears on Facebook. Select the small window to enlarge it.
12. Enter a title and description for your live stream and tag a game.
13. Choose Go-Live (Or if you’re taking the test, select Start the test).
Monitor your gaming stream on Facebook
After your live broadcast, Facebook takes you to the Creator Studio, where you’ll see useful information such as the number of viewers, the validity of the broadcast, and comments. You can return to Creator Studio at any time to manage your feeds and upload videos. He chooses ideas View viewer and earnings statistics.
What do you need to stream games to Facebook?
Facebook Gaming supports streaming from computers or consoles using the HDMI port, so if you want to stream from your console, you’ll need to connect it to your computer with a video capture card. In addition, you will need third-party game streaming software, such as OBS-Studio or Streamlabs OBS.
You may also want to invest in a high-quality webcam and a micro USB. To make your broadcasts as professional as possible, consider setting up a full game broadcast.
Set up your game stream on Facebook
Before you start broadcasting, you need to configure your broadcast software. The process varies depending on the software you are using. Facebook recommends the following settings:
- Bit rate: 4000 kbit/s
- Keyframe Interval: 2
- Video output: 720p@30fps
In addition to your streaming gameplay footage, you’ll also need to create an attractive layout for your broadcast. At a minimum, your feed should include a background image and webcam.
NB : If you are part of Facebook upgrade programYou can stream in 1080p (1920 x 180) at 60 frames per second.
Create a Facebook game stream chart in OBS Studio
Although you can use Photoshop to create a video game stream layout, here’s how to set up a basic layout using OBS Studio.
1. Go to file > Settings > video and modify decisions the basic And launch on 1920 x 1080then select Yes. This resizes the broadcast to the best aspect ratio for the broadcast.
2. To add a background image, right-click on the blank workspace and select Add > picture. If the image is not 1920 x 1080 pixels, you will be able to resize it.
Important : Watch the area sources at the bottom of the screen to make sure the background image layer remains at the bottom of the list.
3. If you want to add a webcam, right-click on the OBS studio workspace and select Add > video capture device. Give it a simple name like “Webcam” and make sure it sits above the background in the area sources.
4. To stream gameplay footage from your computer, right-click on the empty workspace and select Add > Game capture.
5. Appointment fashion on Snap a specific windowthen choose your game like Window (The program must be running).
6. To stream footage from a game console, unplug the console’s HDMI cable from the TV, connect it to the capture card, and then connect the capture card to your computer with a USB cable.
7. Launch the console, right click on OBS studio workspace and select Add > video capture device.
8. After selecting your capture card, live images from the console should appear on your computer. Resize and move the window to where you want it on your screen layout.
In this guide, you have learned how to broadcast games to Facebook. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also consult this guide if you want to know how Post multiple photos to Facebook.