This article explains how to use Instagram on your iPad. The same instructions apply to all iOS devices.
How to download the Instagram iPhone app on your iPad
Even though a particular Instagram app is not available for iPad and the Instagram app from the App Store is suitable for iPhone or iPod Touch, you can still enjoy the full IG experience on your iPad.
1. Tap on the icon app storelocated on the iPad’s home screen.
2. When the App Store interface appears, search for instagram.
NB : When searching for Instagram in the App Store, you may need to change the media value in the filters list if the initial search results are empty.
3. Press Gets To download and install the official Instagram app.
How to post to Instagram from your iPad
Since you have the Instagram app installed, you will now be able to post to IG directly from the iOS Photos app.
1. Tap on the icon instagramlocated on the iPad’s home screen.
2. When the Instagram app starts, follow the onscreen instructions to log in to your IG account.
NB : Since it is not suitable for the iPad screen, the Instagram app will only be displayed in portrait mode. You may want to temporarily move your tablet to a portrait position while using the app.
3. Once you’ve successfully signed in to Instagram, go back to your iPad’s home screen and open it the pictures.
4. When the Photos interface pops up, navigate to the album or folder containing the photo you want to post to Instagram and tap on it.
5. Tap on the icon sharingrepresented by a square with an up arrow and located in the upper right corner of the screen.
6. The iOS share sheet, which covers the bottom half of the screen, should now be displayed. Click on more.
7. Scroll down, if necessary, and tap the toggle instagram So that it turns green (on).
8. Press I finish.
9. A new option should now be visible among the first row of icons on the share sheet. Click on instagram.
10. An Instagram window will now appear, asking you to write a comment for the respective photo. Enter your caption and hashtags, if desired, then click sharing.
Important : You may be asked to give Instagram access to your photo library. You must accept this request if you want to continue publishing.
11. Your newly posted message should now be visible on your Instagram profile.
How to browse Instagram on your iPad
While you can browse IG with the app for iPhone with only its small window size and vertical layout, it’s far from ideal. You’re better off using an iOS web browser like Safari, which can expand to offer something close to the full-screen experience that Instagram was intended for.
1. Open your browser of choice on your iPad and go to instagram.com.
2. Enter your credentials to login.
3. Once you are successfully logged in, you will be able to browse IG posts, like, bookmark and comment as if you were using the app.
NB : There are some noticeable limitations with the browser interface, such as the inability to post.
How to add to your Instagram story
The process for adding an item to your Instagram story on the iPad is the same as on your smartphone, through the same app. However, the app doesn’t support landscape orientation, so you’ll need to do this with your tablet in portrait mode.
Third-party iPad apps for Instagram
In addition to the official Instagram app, there are third-party options such as neutral or repost Available on the App Store Allows you to view your IG feed in a custom interface. Some also allow you to share new messages.
In this guide, you have learned how to use Instagram on iPad. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments.
questions and answers
Why can’t I go live on Instagram on my iPad?
If you can’t go live, update the Instagram app, clear the app’s cache, and allow camera permissions if needed. If there is a problem with the Instagram servers, just wait. Your iPad must be running iOS 6.0 or later.
How do I get Instagram on my school’s iPad?
If the Wi-Fi you are using is blocking Instagram, you can use a VPN for iPad to bypass web restrictions.
How do I disable Instagram on my iPad?
To deactivate your Instagram account on your iPad, tap profile account > the list (The three lines)> Settings > account > delete account.
How do I rotate Instagram on my iPad?
There is no way to rotate Instagram on an iPad. The Instagram mobile app does not support landscape mode.