Almost every social networking site and instant messaging app has read receipts. If you don’t know, Read Delivery Receipts is a feature that adds a checkmark to every message once it’s been read.
For example, on Instagram, the app automatically sets up a read receipt when you message someone. When the person you’re messaging opens the chat and sees your message, they send you read receipts.
Read notifications tell you that the recipient has read your messages. Similarly, you send read receipts to your friends when you open their messages in a conversation. Although this feature is very useful, Instagram users often like to turn it off.
Disable read receipts on Instagram
There may be various reasons why one would want to Turn off read receipts on instagram. Maybe they don’t want the sender to know they’ve read their messages, or maybe they’re protecting their privacy.
So if you are the recipient and don’t want to send read receipts, it’s a good idea to disable it on Instagram. However, the problem is that Instagram does not allow you to disable the read receipt directly; But few solutions do the trick.
Turn off Instagram message notification
First of all, you have to do Completely turn off instagram message notifications on your phone. In fact, when you click on an Instagram message notification, the message is marked as read. Here’s how to turn off Instagram direct notifications.
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on File personal picture in the lower right corner.
2. Next, on the profile page, tap Burger menu in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. From the list of options that appear, tap Settings.
4. Next, on the Settings screen, scroll down and tap notices.
5. Now under Notifications tap Direct messages and calls.
6. Select helpless to Invitations by letter and the supports.
This is it! This will completely disable Instagram message notifications.
Activate airplane mode and read messages
If you disable Instagram message notifications, you can read messages in airplane mode. The trick is to enable airplane mode before opening the chat where you received the message.
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the icon messenger in the upper right corner.
2. This will open Instagram direct inbox. Do not open messages now.
3. Lower the notification’s shutter Turn on airplane mode. Also, make sure that WiFi is turned off.
4. Now open the Instagram app and read your posts. After reading your messages, go back to your profile page. It is recommended forced stopinstagram or To sign out of your account before turning off airplane mode.
5. After turning off Airplane mode, you can start using Instagram.
This is it! This is how you can read your Instagram messages without sending read receipts.
So, this guide explains how to turn off read receipts on Instagram. If you don’t want the sender to know that you’ve read their messages, you can turn on Airplane Mode and read their messages. If you need more help disabling read receipts, let us know in the comments below. Also consult this guide if you want to know how turn off online status on instagram.