Native Account Safety Questions in Home windows 11 is a characteristic designed to enhance your account safety by permitting you to regain entry by answering predefined questions. Nevertheless, should you desire to not use this characteristic or simply need to flip it off, you are able to do so by following a number of easy steps. On this information, we are going to clarify find out how to disable safety questions for native accounts.
On Home windows 11.
Please notice that this technique solely applies to native accounts and never Microsoft accounts related along with your e mail tackle.
Disable safety questions for native accounts on Home windows 11
There are 3 ways to disable safety questions for native accounts on Home windows 11. You should utilize Group Coverage Editor, Registry Editor, or Reg. Right here we clarify every technique intimately.
Utilizing Group Coverage Editor
To disable safety questions for native accounts in your laptop, use the Group Coverage Editor. Nevertheless, this technique is just relevant to the Professional and Enterprise editions.
- Click on on Win + R. on the keyboard to open the Run Command dialog field.
- He writes gpedit. msc within the textual content field and press Enter. The Native Group Coverage Editor will seem subsequent.
- Within the left navigation pane, broaden the next path:
Configuration ordinateur > Administrative Templates > Parts Home windows > Interface utilisateur d'informations d'identification
- Within the left panel, double-click Coverage Forestall using safety questions for native accounts.
- Within the properties window, choose the button lively.
- Then click on Progressing > Sure to avoid wasting the adjustments.
It will instantly disable safety questions for the account you might be presently logged into. If you must disable the characteristic for different accounts, log in as that person and repeat the steps.
To re-enable safety questions, go to the identical coverage and choose helpless or not initialized within the properties window. It will allow native account safety questions for all accounts. Here is find out how to disable or allow safety questions for native accounts in Home windows 11.
utilizing the Registry Editor
Registry Editor is one other technique to disable native account safety questions in Home windows. It requires you to change registry values. Here is how:
- Click on on win + s on the keyboard to open the search panel.
- He writes regedit within the textual content field and press Enter. It will open the Registry Editor window.
- Within the left navigation panel, navigate to the next registry key:
- If you cannot discover the important thing System, you must create one. To do that, right-click on the folder home windows and select new > key. The identify of the newly created key System.
- As soon as the system key’s created, right-click on it and choose New Worth > DWORD (32-bit).
- DWORD identify NoLocalPasswordResetQuestions And click on on it twice.
- Within the pop-up window, set the worth knowledge to 1 and select Base hexadecimal.
- Click on on Sure to avoid wasting the adjustments.
After performing the above actions, shut the Registry Editor and restart your laptop. It will disable the native account safety questions characteristic in your Home windows machine.
To re-enable this characteristic, open the Registry Editor window and delete the registry worth NoLocalPasswordResetQuestions.
Additionally learn: Learn how to create an area account on Home windows 11
Forestall Home windows from asking safety questions
After disabling native account safety questions, you possibly can simply configure your laptop with out answering these annoying questions. You will need to notice that disabling safety questions might cut back the safety of your account. It is suggested to seek out different various safety measures, resembling utilizing a powerful password and enabling two-step verification, to guard your Home windows 11 account.