In Home windows 11, for those who’ve made modifications to the “Hosts” file, you possibly can shortly reset it to default settings to resolve Area Identify System (DNS) points brought on by modifying this file.
The hosts file is positioned within the Path “%WinDirpercentSystem32Driversetc” It lets you map area or host names to IP addresses. Typically, you do not have to set addresses manually on Home windows 11. Nonetheless, it will possibly come in useful in lots of situations. For instance, if you wish to block sure web sites. Once you should not have a neighborhood DNS server on the community, it is advisable affiliate an IP tackle with a pc identify or arrange a web site switch to a brand new internet hosting supplier.
The one caveat is that for those who make a mistake, you could find yourself with undesirable community behaviors. In case you discover community issues after modifying the hosts file or if you wish to undo the modifications made earlier, it’s potential to reset the configuration of the file.
This information will educate you the steps to reset hosts recordsdata on Home windows 11. (These directions also needs to work on Home windows 10.)
Reset default hosts file on Home windows 11
to revive the file “hosts” To its default settings on Home windows 11, do the next:
1. Open to start out on Home windows 11.
2. Analysis roadblockNotesProper-click on the primary outcome and choose the choice Execute as administrator.
3. Copy and paste the next textual content into the file:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp. # # It is a pattern HOSTS file utilized by Microsoft TCP/IP for Home windows. # # This file comprises the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Every # entry must be saved on a person line. The IP tackle ought to # be positioned within the first column adopted by the corresponding host identify. # The IP tackle and the host identify must be separated by at the very least one # area. # # Moreover, feedback (resembling these) could also be inserted on particular person # traces or following the machine identify denoted by a '#' image. # # For instance: # # localhost identify decision is dealt with inside DNS itself. # 22.214.171.124 rhino.acme.com # supply server # 126.96.36.199 x.acme.com # x consumer host # 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost
4. Click on file and choose the choice “Save as”.
5. Go to the placement of the hosts file:
6. Choose the choice “all recordsdata” within the “Save as kind” parameter.
7. Proper-click on the hosts file present and choose the choice rename.
8. Verify the identify Previous hosts To again up the earlier configuration and press entrance.
9. Use a reputationhosts within the “file identify” parameter.
10. Click on the button Register.
When you full the steps, the Hosts file shall be reset to its default settings, fixing all associated points on Home windows 11.
When you’ve got any questions or recommendations, tell us within the feedback. Additionally seek the advice of this information if you wish to understand how Restore corrupt recordsdata in Home windows 11.