In relation to on-line video conferencing, Microsoft Groups remains to be thought of one of the best software. Nevertheless, what if it crashes unexpectedly or stops working rapidly? Nicely, that is as we speak’s subject and we are going to look into the explanations behind it and 6 working methods that may handle the Groups Chat not working situation on Home windows 11.
Microsoft brings a brand new chat icon for all its customers underneath the title “Chat”. Whenever you click on on this icon, you may have choices to both Sync contacts, launch Meet, Open Microsoft Groups, and many others.
Furthermore, when the Groups app is corrupted, clicking on any choice will crash it and show an error message – “We’ve Run into an Situation”. There’s a Stop button together with the error message. Press it to come back out of the Groups app and observe the options offered on this submit.
What might trigger the “Groups Chat Not working” situation?
Microsoft Groups Chat might cease working when a number of of the next circumstances are met in your laptop. A few of the most possible causes are listed beneath –
- Poor Community connectivity
- Lacking or corrupted system information
- You might have put in a corrupted Groups Chat app
Repair Groups Chat Not working in Home windows 11
There are a couple of options you’ll be able to attempt to get all the things again in operation easily. Nevertheless, earlier than you apply any repair, ensure that to examine the next issues in your laptop –
- To begin with, you have to not be dealing with any issues together with your web connectivity. A steady web connection is required for Microsoft Groups chat to operate.
- Be sure that Microsoft Groups isn’t experiencing any server points. You could examine it by visiting its official site.
If Microsoft Groups is working correctly on the internet, the problem is sort of positively with the desktop software. So, go forward and check out these fixes now.
1. Restart the Groups Chat Software
Any tiny points and issues brought on by a corrupted file can crash the Groups Chat app. As a workaround, you must strive restarting this software. Right here’s how to do that –
- Click on the upward arrow on the Home windows 11 Taskbar.
- When it expands, right-click on the Microsoft Groups app icon and hit the Stop button.
- Restart your PC and examine if doing so resolves the Groups Chat crashing situation.
2. Improve Microsoft Groups
With each new construct replace, Microsoft goals to resolve points and beforehand occurring bugs. Chat isn’t an app by itself, quite it’s a characteristic of the Groups app. So, it turns into important to improve the Groups app and see the way it resolves the Chat not working situation. Listed here are the steps to carry out this activity –
- Click on the Chat icon on the taskbar first. When it launches, click on Open Microsoft Groups.
- If it’s not ranging from the system tray, you higher seek for it within the Home windows search bar.
- Click on the highest consequence to launch Microsoft Groups.
- Faucet the three dots (Settings and extra) accessible simply beside your profile image, and hit Settings.
- On the left backside nook, you’ll discover About Groups. Nicely, click on on it.
- If there’s a pending replace, it’s going to present up underneath Model. In any other case, you will notice “You’ve acquired the most recent model”.
After you improve the Groups app, examine if it resolves the Groups not working situation in Home windows 11. If the issue persists, observe the following set of options –
3. Purge Groups Chat Cache
A number of customers have stated that they have been capable of resolve the “Groups Chat Not working” situation just by purging the saved cache inside it. Go and do that resolution and examine if it really works. Since unnecessarily saved cache might trigger comparable points, there’s a probability that doing it will resolve this downside. Right here’s what it’s good to do subsequent –
- Begin the File Explorer (Win + E).
- Paste the next path into the file explorer’s search bar and hit Enter –
Notice: Change “
YourComputer” together with your precise person title.
- Search for the folder labeled Crew.
- To delete the Crew folder, right-click on it, and select the choice – Delete.
- Reboot your PC and examine if the issue is resolved by now.
4. Repair Edge WebView2 Runtime
There’s a brand new characteristic on Microsoft Groups that goes by the title – “Edge WebView2 Runtime”. You probably have lately enabled it, and Microsoft Groups stopped working afterward, ensure that to disable this characteristic in your PC. Though there is no such thing as a clear connection between Edge WebView2 Runtime and the Chats app, it aids within the decision of the issue. So, ensure that to observe the steps guided beneath –
- Launch the Setting app by urgent “Win+I”.
- Go to Apps > Apps & options.
- Find Edge WebView2 Runtime.
- When discovered, click on the three dots accessible subsequent to it, and hit Modify.
- The restore window will begin subsequent, hit the Restore button.
- Doing so will let the installer examine and restore the put in package deal.
Restart your laptop subsequent. Alternatively, you could go to the WebView2 download part and get its newest model.
5. Restore and Reset Groups App
Microsoft features a default setting on Home windows 11 that you could be use to restore or reset the Groups app. Do that device and examine if it resolves the Groups Chat not working situation in your laptop. Comply with these steps to restore and reset the involved app –
- Proper-click on the Home windows icon and choose “Apps & Options”.
- Search for Microsoft Groups from the checklist of apps displayed on the fitting pane.
- Click on the three dots accessible subsequent to it and hit Superior choices.
- Scroll right down to the Reset part and hit the restore button first.
- Continuing this fashion, all of your information stays intact. If this doesn’t resolve the problem that you just have been hoping to, hit the Reset button. All of your saved information inside Microsoft Groups shall be misplaced.
Begin Microsoft Groups and see whether it is working all proper.
6. Uninstall/Reinstall Microsoft Groups
If nothing else works and the issue persists, try the final resort i.e. uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft Groups app. Continuing this fashion will clear all of your earlier settings and make the Groups Chat app afresh. Right here’s what it’s good to do –
- To begin with, launch Settings (Win + I) and navigate to the beneath path –
Settings > Apps > Apps & options
- Seek for Microsoft Crew and when discovered, click on the three dots accessible beside it.
- Click on Uninstall and when a affirmation window seems, hit Uninstall once more.
- Restart your PC in order that any leftover or residual information are deleted as properly.
You possibly can reinstall this software program by visiting its official site and downloading the most recent model. Alternatively, faucet its icon on the taskbar and select – “Open Microsoft Groups“.
That is the final workaround to resolve Microsoft Groups Chat not working situation in Home windows 11. It all the time appears to work. In case it doesn’t, we suggest sending suggestions to Microsoft by way of the Suggestions app in your laptop.
I hope this text has assisted you in resolving the Crew chat not engaged on Home windows 11 PC.